[Qgis-user] what setting effect topological editing performance?

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 14:17:24 PDT 2023

I have an old project that is painful to edit with topological editing
activated. I put a couple of the layers into a new project and topological
editing is very quick. Specifically, in the old project, moving a single
node on a polygon with the vertex tool that does not require any additional
vertices to be moved takes about 2 minutes to complete but is nearly
instantaneous in the new project.

As a test I deleted all but two layers from the old project and it's still
unacceptably slow. So I'm pretty sure I have something amiss in my old
project. An obvious solution would be to build a new project but I'm kind
of lazy and it would be nice to know what I'm doing wrong. I've looked at
all of my snap settings and I believe they are the same between the fast
and slow project.

I'm running QGIS 3.30 and the layers are in a PostGIS db.

Thanks for reading.
Rich

--
Richard W. Greenwood