[Qgis-user] Shifting a Geotiff image

Martin Weis martin.weis.newsadress at gmx.de
Sat Aug 12 09:17:51 PDT 2023

Dear Perth,

On 11/08/2023 09:14, Grant Boxer via QGIS-User wrote:
> I have a GeoTIFF image created using Web ODM and is mis-aligned by 1 to 1.5
> m and I would like to move the image to register with the surveyed ground
> control points. I can see vector tools to do this, but no raster tools.
> Anyone have any suggestions.

If it just a bit off, then the plugin "Freehand raster georeferencer"
can be quick to shift it, otherwise use georeferencer from core (Layer -
georeferencer), which is especially more flexible and the right tool if
you have GCPs that you can use.
Be careful, sometimes crashes can occur with certain transformation
types, so better save beforehand (autoSaver and MemoryLayerSaver are
your friends).

> Image created in WGS84 z51S.

Sound like UTM (good, metric CRS), though WGS84 might be geographic CRS
(worse, pixel size undefined/different in x,y).

Cheers
Martin