[Qgis-user] spatial analysis toolbox - testing for autocorrelation

Thayer Young thayeray at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 14 07:40:06 PDT 2023

 Hi Francesca,
Sorry for the confusion.

FYI, I recently installed the 3.28 .msi QGIS from the QGIS.org website and geopandas is installed. You may just want to update your QGIS. I did not use the OSGeo4W installer, as that was giving me missing .dll errors.
If you want to persist with your current install, I think you want to do the following:
Open the 'Command Prompt' program (go to the start menu and search for it)
When it opens you will this prompt:     C:\Users\your_user_name>   From file explorer drag and drop the 'python.exe' onto the Command Prompt window. It should list the path to the python.exe file. You then want to press enter. That should log you in to an interactive python terminal and change the prompt to '>>>'.    Type in:   import geopandas    and press enter. That should give you a 'ModuleNotFoundError'.
If it does not give you an error and instead just goes to the next line, you know that geopandas is installed. You can enter: exit()  and press enter, and you can close the Command Prompt window.

If you get the 'ModuleNotFoundError' error, press the up arrow and it should bring up the path to the python.exe file again.
Then enter:   -m pip install geopandas  Then press enter.That should bring up a long list of installation stuff, hopefully none of it is red. You can then press the up arrow twice to get the path to the python.exe and press enter to start python. Then try importing geopandas again as above.
https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/346859/importing-geopandas-in-qgis-3
-Thayer