[Qgis-user] Vector tiles export from processing toolbox

Patrick Dunford enzedrailmaps at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 23:57:00 PDT 2023

Good day to all

I have used the processing tools to create XYZ raster tiles from my maps
quite a lot and going through the rest of what is in there I see a tool
to create vector tiles as well. Guessing this might use the GDAL MVT
driver to create these tiles.

What is different about vector tiles is having to specify styles for
them to be rendered in the client browser and I felt there is probably
not a straightforward way of translating existing Qgis layer styles into
whatever the style specifications are for Mapbox vector tiles, so as I
use a lot of different styles on my source layers it might be a case of
having to set them all up again for vector tiles? Any idea?

Thanks