[Qgis-user] how to count overlays of objects

Daniela Friebel daniela.m.friebel at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 07:15:30 PDT 2023

Dear Community

I have a vectorlayer with many objects (polygons) that overlap. Now I want
to create a new layer, where each overlap results in a separate object,
which has an attribute with the number of overlaps.

I have already tried various things, but have not yet found a solution.
With the "union" tool I can generate the overlaps as objects, but I cannot
count the number of overlaps.

I am grateful for any help and hints.

(I would like to count the overlaps to eventually create a heatmap. If
there is a completely different way of doing this, I would also appreciate
a tip).

Kind regards

Daniela