[Qgis-user] Accessing iface from jupyter to create map from QGIS

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 19:29:02 PST 2023

On Thu, 7 Dec 2023 at 13:13, noshin prachi via QGIS-User <
qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Thank you Adam for your response. I have imported iface from from
> qgis.utils import iface. I am working in qgis environment.   It is my
> first work with qgis and I am finding it difficult to understand. Can you
> please share where I am going wrong? Is there any other way to activate a
> layer from multiple layers and create a map?  I have google street map ,
> shape file and dfsu file in these layers which are required to be added in
> the map.

iface is ONLY available when you're running the QGIS desktop application.
It contains methods for interacting with the parts of the desktop
application, which have no meaning when run from elsewhere (such as in a
notebook). In this situation you should avoid iface and use only the
classes from qgis.core instead.

Hope that helps!
Nyall