[Qgis-user] Canvas larger than viewport is rendered/drawn for vector layers, but not for raster layers

Thomas Larsen Wessel mrvelle at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 19:46:55 PST 2023

I have tried out version 3.34 with the rendering profiler.  However, I
misunderstood your response and thought that it was a feature that would
let me set a rendering profille, ie let me choose to have some raster
layers prerendered outside the visible extent.

Anyway, the profiler feature is quite cool feature, and interesting
to watch :)

Lets say I have a some locally stored raster data, e.g. xyz tiles or
geopackage. What would it take if I wanted those to be prerendered outside
the visible extent? I think my PC should be able to handle that. Would I
need to dig into the C++ code and make my own build with my own preferences?

Are there any articles out there that I should have a look at? I suspect I
am not the first one who is looking to have raster layers prerendered :)

Sincerely