[Qgis-user] Azimuth and orientation of 2 features

kirk kirk at nortekresources.com
Sun Feb 12 14:47:19 PST 2023

Hi Alex.You could use the coordinate of the centrists to determine which polygon is east or north.   For example, if your coordinate system is utm.  the centroid with the highe Easton will he the most easterly, the one with the smallest northing will be the most southerly.Kirk Schmidt Sent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: Alexandre Rodier via QGIS-User <qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> Date: 2023-02-12  1:57 p.m.  (GMT-04:00) To: qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org Subject: [Qgis-user] Azimuth and orientation of 2 features Dear list.I have a question I am not able to resolve:I need to calculate the orientation (North, East, South or North) of a feature (Polygon, a parcel) respect of another one (Line, a road).I calculated the azimuth of the two features using the centroids of each but the formulas I found don't really work, or I am doing something wrong (it's probably that :-) ).I am sure that's a simple problem but I am quite blocked.Thanks in advance for your help.Alex