[Qgis-user] Grouping Items in Graphical Model Designer (QGIS 3.28.2)

Terry Morse tmorse at teleport.com
Wed Jan 4 23:58:12 PST 2023

I'm working through an exercise on graphical modeling in Discover QGIS 3.x (2nd ed.), by Kurt Menke. I'm at the step of tidying up the final model display, and am wondering whether there is a way to group items in the display so that related items can be moved together, and groups can be linked to associated group boxes, the way you might in a graphics program or a Visual Basic dialogue box? I didn't find anything about this in the QGIS documentation, aside from being able to snap selected items to a virtual grid

If there isn't a way to group items, I'd like to suggest it as a useful feature for the future.

Thank you,
Terry Morse
tmorse at teleport.com (mailto:tmorse at teleport.com)
*
“Ideas: Headaches with pictures.” – Phillip J. Fry, Futurama (television cartoon by Matt Groening)