[Qgis-user] importing GeoPDF

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Wed Jan 11 05:33:10 PST 2023

JOE LEMONNIER via QGIS-User <qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> writes:

> Is there a way or a plugin that allows me to import GeoPDF file such
> as USGS topos into QGIS as vectors? I’m using version 3.22.6 and
> trying to import with Layer>AddLayer>Add Vector Layer, but it gives a
> message “ Invalid Data…"

(Given that there is actually vector data.)

I suspect you are in new territory.

There are multiple ways for qgis to read pdf, based on multiple options
in gdal.  I would build gdal with each of them and use ogrinfo.  It
might be that ogr2ogr can read the vector data, and you can put it in a
different file and add it.  It might be that qgis doesn't have support
for add layer of a file that is both vector and raster.