[Qgis-user] problem with cartographic label placement

gisfisch at t-online.de gisfisch at t-online.de
Thu Jan 19 05:14:05 PST 2023

Hello Andreas and list,

I am sure I’m not the first one to encounter the problem described below. So I would like to ask again. Maybe someone has an idea?

thanks a lot, the solution from Andreas is working.

But the result is not as desired. I was hoping to be able to define a ranking of placement alternatives. That is (in case of ‘B,R‘): place all the labels at the bottom and only if there is a conflict (overlap) with something else place a label at right.

But what I get is: most oft he labels are placed right, even without overlap problems (although I put ‘R‘ at the second place of the list). And only a few labels are placed at bottom.

However, the overlap problem is solved.

Is there something I could improve?

Thank you and best regards, Uwe