[Qgis-user] Crowd-Funding Call 2023

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Thu Jan 19 10:09:07 PST 2023

Hi everyone,

Some of you may have already seen our crowd-funding call on the official QGIS blog. I would like to take the initiative to share it through this channel as well:

QGIS turned 20 last year. We want to ensure another 20+ years of sustainable development to keep on bringing the most user-friendly GIS to users worldwide.

This year, we, therefore, plan to focus on addressing long-standing infrastructure debt (particularly docs and web infrastructure). To make this infrastructure more sustainable, we had to make the difficult decision to move funds from our annual grant programme to rather support these infrastructure tasks. To address upcoming challenges (including but not limited to Qt6 support and next-generation installers) and to the grant programme back to full strength, we need additional funds. The best way to achieve this goal is to enlarge our sustaining member base.

Our existing sustaining members contribute €130k per year. We are aiming to raise an additional €70k per year (equivalent to 1 new flagship, 3 new large, 4 new medium, and 8 new small sustaining memberships) to bring the total member contributions up to €200k.

The campaign to raise funds for our activities runs from 16th January 2023 until 16th February 2023.

You can find more information and follow our funding progress on:

https://blog.qgis.org/2023/01/16/crowd-funding-call-2023/

Regards,
Anita

--