[Qgis-user] QGIS memory management in LXCs vs VMs

Julien Cabieces julien.cabieces at oslandia.com
Tue Jan 24 02:49:14 PST 2023

It depends on the amount of memory you want to allocate to your QGIS
Server. IIRC, my client set 1GB and set the memory limit of they docker
to 2G, and they had approximatively 100Mb of memory taken with loaded
QGIS project.

You would have to set this param is the Nginx configuration
(if you use Nginx but it should be the same with Apache) fastcgi param,
not just system environment variable this way

fastcgi_param   GDAL_CACHEMAX 20;

if not, it won't work!