[Qgis-user] Mac problem

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Fri Jan 27 00:34:40 PST 2023

Hi John,

On Thu, 26. Jan 2023 at 15:12:39 +0000, John Layt via QGIS-User wrote:
> Apple has some extra security checks when running apps for the very first
> time. If the app is signed with a developer certificate purchased from
> Apple, then you can just double-click to run the app and it gets approved.
> If the app is not signed, as in the case of QGIS, then you need to manually
> approve the app by first right-clicking on the app and selecting Open from
> the context menu. The Option key is not required. Note that on Macs, the
> right-click is not enabled by default, so you might need to enable that
> first in the System Preferences.
>
> I seem to recall the association was trying to obtain a
> developers certificate? Has there been any progress on that?

AFAIK we have such a certificate and the installer is signed, but after that
Apple decided that the app also has to be notarized - which we don't do yet.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden            https://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                 IRC: jef on Libera|OFTC