[Qgis-user] [Modeller] How to calculate area in the graphical modeler of QGIS

Andrea Giudiceandrea andreaerdna at libero.it
Tue Jan 31 00:04:16 PST 2023

> *Andrea Giudiceandrea*
> /Mon Jan 30 10:02:47 PST 2023/
> it seems to me there is no issue using the Field Calculator algorithm in
> the Model designer to calculate the area of polygon geometries, at least
> using the latest QGIS 3.28 and 3.22 versions.
> *Alexandre Neto*
> /Mon Jan 30 13:55:11 PST 2023/
> If I remember well, you need to  change the parameter type from value to
> precalculated value. If not, try adding single quotes around the expression.

I've also used the Field Calculator algorithm in the Model designer to
calculate the area of polygon geometries with QGIS 3.10 without any
issue and without the need to change the parameter type to
"precalculated value" nor to add single quotes around the expression.

Best regards.

Andrea Giudiceandrea