[Qgis-user] doubts about the azimuth value obtained

Enrique Sagredo Blanco esagredo at mondragon.edu
Mon Jul 17 10:15:18 PDT 2023

Good afternoon:
I am a professor at the University of Mondragon and for the research I am
carrying out I am using QGIS. I want to obtain the azimuth value of the
dwellings in a certain municipality, I have created a variable and using
code I have generated this function which I have attached.

degrees( azimuth(  start_point(  $geometry ), end_point(  $geometry )))

The doubt arises when interpreting this data, since QGIS returns a value
but I don't know how to obtain it. Since it is a unique value, I don't know
how to interpret what it means on a map. Since the polygons analysed have
four sides.

Can you help me?
Thank you very much.

[image: image.png]