[Qgis-user] doubts about the azimuth value obtained

Andrea Giudiceandrea andreaerdna at libero.it
Tue Jul 18 04:42:17 PDT 2023

> Alexandre Neto alexandre.neto at qcooperative.net
> Tue Jul 18 00:48:01 PDT 2023

> It's surprising to me if it accepts something that are not points. If it
> does, I would assume it uses the geometries centroids, not the boundaries.

Hi Alexandre,
the "azimut" function doesn't accept anything else than points as arguments.

In fact, in the expression used by Enrique Sagredo Blanco, the arguments
of the "azimut" function are the "start_point" and the "end_point" of
the current geometry:

degrees( azimuth(  start_point(  $geometry ), end_point(  $geometry )))

Best regards.

Andrea