[Qgis-user] Authenticate and load private Esri vector tile service to QGIS

Strath Slater strathslater at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 05:16:05 PDT 2023

I'm trying to load the following ArcGIS Vector Tile Service into QGIS:

https://tiles.arcgis.com/tiles/qHLhLQrcvEnxjtPr/arcgis/rest/services/GB_MasterMap_VML_BASE_v1/VectorTileServer

The service is a premium product and requires authentication to access, but
I don't understand how to authenticate when setting up the connection in
QGIS.

I already have an authentication configuration set up using OAuth as per
the guide here:

https://north-road.com/2022/09/16/securely-accessing-arcgis-online-agol-and-enterprise-arcgis-portal-sites-through-qgis-2022-update/

This allows connection to our AGOL organisation via the 'ArcGIS REST
Server' option, but using this configuration for the vector tile service
fails.

I'm not sure if I need to append an API key or token to the service or
style URL and if so, what this URL would look like?