[Qgis-user] Advanced digitizing tool feet/meters error

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 20:05:47 PDT 2023

On Fri, Jul 21, 2023 at 4:26 PM Andrea Giudiceandrea via QGIS-User <
qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> > Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
> > Fri Jul 21 13:27:19 PDT 2023
>
> > I believe I'm seeing a regression in QGIS 3.32 in the advanced
> > digitizing tool. When I'm working on a layer with a coordinate system
> > that's in feet (and the project coordinate system is the same), distances
> > that I enter are being multiplied by 0.3048.  e.g. I enter 1000 and it
> > draws a line that's 304.8 feet.
>
> Hi Richard,
> maybe the PR at https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/53037 is related to
> your issue.
>
> Best regards.
>
> Andrea

I didn't see anything obvious in that PR but the timeframe seems to be
about when I think the bug was introduced.

I reverted to 3.28 and the advanced digitizing tool works correctly so I do
think this is a bug and created https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/53899

--
Richard W. Greenwood
www.greenwoodmap.com