[Qgis-user] Georeference DSM files in QGIS Using Georeferencer

Richard McDonnell richard.mcdonnell at opw.ie
Fri Jul 28 02:21:23 PDT 2023

Hi All,
It appears that, when you georeference an image which already contains reference information it in effect applies a shift to the outputs.
One solution might be one of the options suggested here<https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/237314/removing-coordinate-system-but-not-coordinates-of-raster>. The one which looks best suited for Georeferencing data wich already has a CRS applied, would appear to me to be..

gdal_translate -co PROFILE=BASELINE -co TFW=YES dem.tif dem_clean.tif

It seems to reset the GeoTiff back to just a Tiff, from there you should be able to georeference it easy enough.
Hope that helps!
Kind Regards,

Richard

——
Richard McDonnell MSc GIS, FME Certified Professional
FRM Data Management

——
Oifig na nOibreacha Poiblí
Office of Public Works

Sráid Jonathan Swift, Baile Átha Troim, Co na Mí, C15 NX36
Jonathan Swift Street, Trim, Co Meath, C15 NX36
——
M +353 87 688 5964 T +353 46 942 2409
https://gov.ie/opw

——
To send me files larger than 30MB, please use the link below https://filetransfer.opw.ie/filedrop/richard.mcdonnell@opw.ie

Email Disclaimer: https://www.gov.ie/en/organisation-information/439daf-email-disclaimer/

——
MSc GIS, FME Certified Professional

——
Oifig na nOibreacha Poiblí
Office of Public Works

Sráid Jonathan Swift, Baile Átha Troim, Co na Mí, C15 NX36
Jonathan Swift Street, Trim, Co Meath, C15 NX36
——
M +353 87 688 5964 T +353 46 942 2409
https://https://gov.ie/opw<https://www.opw.ie>

——