[Qgis-user] Running QGis on a machine with Python 3.11 and PyCharm ?

Toussaint OTTAVI t.ottavi at bc-109.com
Mon Jun 12 00:06:50 PDT 2023

Hi Zoltan,

Thank you in advance for your help.

For now, I didn't manage to find a suitable configuration by setting
paths and environment variables in a startup ".bat" file. QGis still
tries to load things from my system-wide Python folder (c:\python), even
if no path or env variable points to it. Then, it fails.

The only workaround I found is a bit rough : rename my c:\python folder
to c:\python.bak, run QGis, then rename back to the original name ! Of
course, this prevents from using QGis at the same time with PyCharm or
other Python stuff, and is not an acceptable solution on the long term.

Even if I don't have the skills to dive into QGis source code for now, I
may try to play around with some simple plugins. Then, wouldn't it be a
better idea to install QGis in "developer" mode, by cloning / forking
the GitHub repo ?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Kind regards.