[Qgis-user] Equations cells imported to QGIS

Ludwig Kniprath ludwig at kni-online.de
Fri Jun 16 09:53:39 PDT 2023

Hi Simon,

Excel tables don't need to be saved as delimited text, they can be
imported direct to QGis, f.e. with drag&drop.

Calculated contents in the spreadsheets are no problem, below my test
with a simple table:

(note: screenshot from LibreOffice, I hope there is no difference using
excel)

'Show Formula' as view-mode:

Normal view mode:

Imported to QGis: all cells with the last calculated and saved values

The imported table can than be joined to any existing vector-layer or
converted to point-layer f.e. via Processing Toolbox > Vector creation >
Create points layer from table.

Notes:

- You can even edit and save the imported table in QGis, but that will
convert all formulas to simple alpha-numeric contents.

- Formulas are not refreshed automatically when imported to QGis, so the
above field with the formula '=NOW()' (current time) will always show
the last calculated value in QGis, not the actual time.

hth

Ludwig