[Qgis-user] (no subject)

kirk kirk at nortekresources.com
Wed Jun 21 02:08:47 PDT 2023

Hi Loke.You came up with an interesting approach.  You are using the green band to complete an unsupervised classification using the Birch module in Scikit.  An unsupervised classification is just that, the implementation of an algorithm without training data.  I would suggest using your local point data from your local maxima routine as training data. You will have to come up with some logic to filter out the points that are actually palm centers, perhaps based on distance between trees.  I would then use one of the supervised classification modules to run a supervised classification on the training data ( local maxima). I would also experiment with all or 2 colour bands as more data may help the classification.I must restate by previous comment that there is no bulletproof methodology to get 100 percent success.  Kirk SchmidtSent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: Loke Jian Munn <jm.loke at klk.com.my> Date: 2023-06-21  5:09 a.m.  (GMT-04:00) To: kirk <kirk at nortekresources.com>, qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org, Richard McDonnell <richard.mcdonnell at opw.ie> Subject: RE:

Hi,

As mention previously, I need NIR band to perform the NDVI, however my drone sensor does not record NIR band.

So, I trying another way which is crop counting from orthophoto with Python and Scikit Image. The whole process is geospatial as it works with raster and shapefiles and results are finally displayed on QGIS.

But the results I get are like below:

After Zoom in:

May I know what’s goes wrong ? I have attached the Python code above for references. For this project, I using an Orthomosaic layer with resolution of 5cm.

Appreciate if you can provide me some guidelines or insights in this as this is my first time touching python and scikit.

Thank you.

Regards,

Loke Jian Munn
Information Technology (IT) Department