[Qgis-user] QGIS-User Digest, Vol 208, Issue 31

Thayer Young thayeray at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 22 11:54:44 PDT 2023

 Hi Gert-Jan,
Thank you that works well, with the basic functionality required.
-Thayer

From: "Gert-Jan van der Weijden (GISNederland)"
    <gert-jan at gisnederland.nl>
    <qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: Re: [Qgis-user] Most foolproof method for installing on
    Windows 10?

Hi Thayer,

Over the past years my experience with the regular .msi (straight from
https://www.qgis.org/nl/site/forusers/download.html) have been better
than the OSGEO4W installer, for the same reasons ("DLL hell" ) you mention.
And that was even on "real" windows machines, not on emulated
Windows-on-a-mac

Especially if you just need plan QGis, and not the side-tools like
gdal/ogr , grass etc.

Kind regards,

Gert-Jan