[Qgis-user] Idea for an actual 'events' timeline in QGIS

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Jun 28 00:24:45 PDT 2023

Hi,

I'm involved in a project about mapping bat sensor data over time.
So 'sound' events with timestamp and (approximate) location, in Postgis db.
Some OGC-API features service in front.

Of course this is loaded in QGIS using the Temporal Controller...

But because the data is pretty sparse (over time)... so 'finding' a 'slot' filled with data is not so easy: you want to have time steps of an hour, looking at data of say a couple of days...

No I was thinking about some visualization of the events on a time line...

Like a time line with tick's or dot's on time positions where there was an actual event (on a second canvas?).
The ideal would be that I could click that event and then the location of the event(s) would be selected/flashed on the map on the map canvas...

I was thinking to so some second canvas with a slider (like temporal controller), but QtSlider is not so easy to adapt (in my experience)...

Or maybe is a combination with Data Plotly?

Anybody build something like that?

Or has ideas for it?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde