[Qgis-user] Mesh interpolation technique

Domenico Micocci domenico.micocci at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 28 09:32:33 PDT 2023

Dear all,
I've just started working with mesh data in QGIS. In particular, I'm working with a regular 2D quad mesh; metadata are as follows:Mesh type facesData type verticesIs vector No
My QGIS version is 3.22.4
I've noticed that interpolation is performed on faces and that interpolated values can be detected through the "Identify Results" Panel.However, it is not clear to me which interpolation technique is used and whether it is possible to change it or not. Moreover, does the properties selected through the Symbology Tab exert any influence on the interpolated values or does they only act on the mesh visualization?
Similarly, I suppose that the tool "Export time series values from points of a mesh dataset" extracts a timeseries of interpolated values in the location(s) specified by a point layer. Is it possible to get the values of the nearest vertex of the mesh instead of the interpolated values?
Thank you in advance for your kind support.Best regards,
Domenico Micocci