[Qgis-user] Z and Elevation

Sebastian Gutwein bas at rdgland.com
Wed Jun 28 12:19:22 PDT 2023

Manolo,
You may already know this and be asking a deeper question that I am not
understanding but in case you are not:
The Z is the value derived from the geometry itself that QGIS uses to draw
the location of the point.
The Elevation is an attribute associated with the point (a field in the
attribute table).
There are many reasons that these might not be the same.
It could be that they were derived from two different sources or there was
a transformation that occurred that changed the Z value.
Hope this helps.
-Bas

On Wed, Jun 28, 2023 at 1:34 PM Manolo Terranova via QGIS-User <
qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Dear all,
> i have a question: if I select a point I get two information about the
> elevation. The Z which should be ellipsoidal, the ELEVATION which resembles
> the geodetic. Why two different informations?
> PDF attached.
> Thank you,
> Manolo

Sebastian "Bas* " Gutwein