[Qgis-user] Timestep for (Temporal) Mesh/netcdf layers?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Mar 9 06:28:39 PST 2023

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for the clarifications!

I am aware that netcdf's can have variable time steps. But in my case the dataset are all run from a model which runs at variable lengths but in fixed time steps, outputting >60 variables.
So a run of 24 hour of every hour, or one of 3 days per 6 hours or 6 hours per 10 minutes.

So the timestep are the same in one netcdf, it is just that I need to find out what the used 'timestep' is; actually to set the timecontroller timestep, because it is not set when I load a mesh using pyqgis (I have to download the model output zipped from some service endpoint, and put custom (logaritmic) classification styling on it...)

So the datasetMetadata (I think) does not give me that info? As it gives the timerange of the full dataset, but I would have to know the length of the variables then to know my timestep?

Thanks for your time!

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde