[Qgis-user] Disable anti-aliasing on XYZ layer

Stephane Goldstein s.n.g at gmx.com
Tue Mar 14 21:54:09 PDT 2023

Thanks for the replies.

The imagery I'm working with comes from drone mapping.
The orthomosaic is generated using OpenDroneMap, in WGS84 UTM CRS
The resulting GeoTIFF is then re-projected  to Web-mercator 3857, before
being run through gdal2tiles.
At this stage I'm loading the tiles as an XYZ layer directly from my hard
drive, and my canvas is set at 3857 as well.
So I know that the two screenshots I attached earlier come from the same
PNG file.

When I set the zoom to 1:1 as suggested, I can see the PNG files are
displayed without anti-aliasing as expected.
But as soon as I zoom in further, anti-aliasing takes place to oversample
the image.
I have tried changing the parameters of the Resampling section in the Layer
Styling, but they have no effect at all (Zoomed In, Zoomed Out,
Oversampling and "Early re-sampling" options).

But the weirder thing is that when I set my XYZ layer source as
"Interpretation: MapTiler Terrain RGB", pixels are shown as squares when
over-zooming, like a standard raster would, which is what I want (even
though the data does not make any sense with the MapTiler Terrain RGB
styling, obviously).

Antialising does not help the interpretation of my imagery, and so far the
only solution I found was to create tiles up to zoom level 25, which is a
massive amount of overprocessing and storage, since level 21 is enough to
account for my 2cm resolution data source. Any other suggestions are really
appreciated.