[Qgis-user] [EXTERNAL] Re: Geopackage slow on NAS if not read-only

Árni Geirsson arni at alta.is
Mon Mar 20 01:59:57 PDT 2023

Thank you all who have responded over the weekend with helpful suggestions.
I wish I could use Linux on all the office computers but that is not
realistic. But what I have now learned is that a) I could try NFS on
Windows and b) there might be some hope in tweaking Samba. Both are
interesting threads to pursue.
If it is true that the problem with geopackages/sqlite that I raised in the
beginning does not exist when shared under NFS, I have to conclude that
there is some bad chemistry between Samba and sqlite. Maybe that is
something the sqlite developers can resolve.

Árni