[Qgis-user] Save scratch layer vs. vector layer

Weig, Alfons A.Weig at uni-bayreuth.de
Tue Mar 21 05:36:33 PDT 2023

Hello,
I am using the QGIS 3.22.4 with the 'GBIF Occurrences' plugin. It imports occurrences of plants and animals from GBIF.org to QGIS.

There are two possibilities to save the new layer, and I am not sure whether there is a fundamental difference between these two procedures:

  *   Make permanent > opens a window 'Save scratch layer' which allows me to select ESRI shapefile...
  *   Export > Save feature as > opens a window 'Save Vector Layer as' which allows me to select ESRI shapefile, too.

>From the results, I do not see any functional difference. Are these two the same?

Best regards,
Alfons Weig

PD Dr. Alfons Weig
Genomics & Bioinformatics - Univ. Bayreuth
Gebäude NW1 - Raum 6.0.01.08
Universitätsstrasse 30
95447 Bayreuth - Germany

Tel. +49 (0)921-55-2457