[Qgis-user] Crowd-Funding update and first flagship member

Marco Bernasocchi marco at qgis.org
Tue Mar 21 08:32:00 PDT 2023

Dear communitiy,
it is with great pleasure tha I can officially announce that we reached the
goal [1] of bringing the total member contributions up to €200k per year.
We hope this is only the beginning and the PSC is working hard to get more
large organisation into the sustaining members programm.
We know QGIS is a staple software in many [very] large organisations, we
"just" need to find our way to those.

A first step in that direction has been in the making since some weeks and
we're really pleased to announce our first flagship sustaining member: Felt
You can read all about what Felt does on the announcement blogpost [2]

I'd like to thank Felt and the over 30 other new sustaining members [3] for
their support and trust in QGIS.
I'd also like to take the opportunity to thank all previous and current
supporting members for your help in making QGIS such a successful project
and all community members for all the work and passion you put into QGIS.
It is such an honour to be the chair of such an amazing community.

The crowd-funding call is still open until end of March 2023, so if you
know someone or an institution that would like to join, please forward them
to the crowd-funding page [1]

Have a great day,
cheers
Marco