[Qgis-user] Layout questions

Thayer Young thayeray at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 21 11:21:46 PDT 2023

 Hi Mike,
1:200000 will fit a city, or a small county, but not all of WV. I think your map is much larger than the page you are fitting it to.I recommend:1) delete the map.
   You will probably see a lot of grey with a small white box. The white box is what gets printed. Note that by default the layout is A4 size. You probably want Letter or Legal.
2) Right click inside the white box (if you don't see the white box do 3 first)   a) select Page Properties   b) set the "Page Size" "Size". Legal and Letter are in the middle of the list.
3) left click the "zoom full" icon, 4th from the left, 2nd toolbar from the top.Then add a new map, this time fit it within the white area of the page.

Then try exporting your image again.

-Thayer