[Qgis-user] [EXTERN] Re: [EXTERN] Re: Restrict User's access to extensions

Rummer, Patrick (SGD Süd) Patrick.Rummer at sgdsued.rlp.de
Thu Mar 23 01:36:21 PDT 2023

Thanks for your thoughts,

we had that in mind as well (blocking url's) but users could just enter new ones we don't know. Also it's possible to use .zip files.
So the best and easiest thing for me is taking out the whole plugin menu =)
It's like "What i don't know won't hurt me" for our users.
And if they need a new plugin or something they will call us anyway. And retrieving the menu is easier than unblocking url's if needed.

The last one is always an option but well... users... you know? ;)
(e.g. we're not allowed to surf the www privately but everyone does it)

Kind regards,
Patrick