[Qgis-user] Map tips not showing

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at shikadi.net
Thu Mar 23 05:08:25 PDT 2023

Hi Andrea,

> have you tried if the issue does occur also using a new QGIS user
> profile [1]?

I tried this, but there was no change.

> Have you tried if the issue does occur also installing and using the
> same version of QGIS from Flatpack [2]?

I had a look at Flatpak but it seemed rather scary - it wanted to
install a whole bunch of dependencies - Gnome, KDE, etc. so I didn't
want to risk it breaking my system.

Instead I downloaded the Docker version and ran that, and that worked -
it showed the popups!

However that is version 3.31.0-Master, apparently a development
version, but with an older Qt version (5.15.3, vs my system with
5.15.8).  It's also running an older Python (3.10.6 vs 3.10.10), older
GDAL (3.4.1 vs 3.6.3), and so on.

I will experiment a bit more with different versions, but it looks like
the problem is that some newer library version breaks the popups?

Cheers,
Adam.