[Qgis-user] Couldn't load plugin XY due to an error when calling its classFactory() method

Johannes Kröger (WhereGroup) johannes.kroeger at wheregroup.com
Thu Mar 23 07:07:50 PDT 2023

Took a second look in the lunch break. The issue has been long fixed in
the repository (August 2019!
https://github.com/g-sherman/Qgis-Plugin-Builder/issues/116) but an
updated version of the Plugin Builder was never published so people
using it will create buggy code with it. It would be great if an update
could be published.

Cheers, Hannes

Am 23.03.23 um 14:14 schrieb Johannes Kröger (WhereGroup) via QGIS-User:

>> (@gary: I'm not sure but I think this comes from the plugin builder,
>> is that possible?)
>>
> Yes,
> https://github.com/g-sherman/Qgis-Plugin-Builder/blob/e51befa0ab980a57311c6f33d8d026d02da21cc3/plugin_templates/toolbutton_with_dockwidget/template/module_name.tmpl#L53
>
> Funnily enough I ran into this issue just today too, with no special
> setup but a clean new profile I created yesterday and had been using
> in a training since. Not sure what could have caused the key to get
> removed. I had switched between system locale, English and back once.
> The first plugin I installed crashed with this.
>
> Cheers, Hannes

Johannes Kröger / GIS-Entwickler/-Berater

Aufwind durch Wissen!
Web-Seminare und Online-Schulungen
bei der www.foss-academy.com

WhereGroup GmbH