[Qgis-user] Couldn't load plugin XY due to an error when calling its classFactory() method

Johannes Kröger (WhereGroup) johannes.kroeger at wheregroup.com
Thu Mar 23 07:24:24 PDT 2023

Does it really happen all the time for you? It took me quite a while to
reproduce.

Is there an existing issue already? I'll make one otherwise.

Remember: Bugs cannot be fixed if you keep the knowledge of their
existence to yourself ;)

Cheers, Hannes

Am 23.03.23 um 15:09 schrieb Bo Victor Thomsen via QGIS-User:

> That's an old error. And I really don't know why it hasn't been fixed.
> But to circumvent it:
>
>   * Activate the "Override System Locale" checkbox in Menu: "Settings"
>     --> "Options" --> top of section "General"
>   * Choose the right values in the now visible comboboxes: "User
>     Interface translation" and "Locale" (Just beneath the checkbox)
>   * Save the new choices and restart QGIS
>
> Dear QGIS developers: Please fix this problem ASAP. I (and about every
> other user in Denmark) have had this problem for ages. Being a
> non-english QGIS user is probably the cause of it.
>
> Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
>
> Bo Victor Thomsen
> Den 23-03-2023 kl. 14:14 skrev Johannes Kröger (WhereGroup) via QGIS-User:
>>
>>> (@gary: I'm not sure but I think this comes from the plugin builder,
>>> is that possible?)
>>>
>> Yes,
>> https://github.com/g-sherman/Qgis-Plugin-Builder/blob/e51befa0ab980a57311c6f33d8d026d02da21cc3/plugin_templates/toolbutton_with_dockwidget/template/module_name.tmpl#L53
>>
>> Funnily enough I ran into this issue just today too, with no special
>> setup but a clean new profile I created yesterday and had been using
>> in a training since. Not sure what could have caused the key to get
>> removed. I had switched between system locale, English and back once.
>> The first plugin I installed crashed with this.
>>
>> Cheers, Hannes

Johannes Kröger / GIS-Entwickler/-Berater

Aufwind durch Wissen!
Web-Seminare und Online-Schulungen
bei derwww.foss-academy.com

WhereGroup GmbH