[Qgis-user] Qgis-server bullseye (stable) and sid (unstable) give blank (white) page on GetMap for all test sites

Mats Bjerin mbj at cparta.se
Mon May 8 06:44:48 PDT 2023

I finally found the solution:
For any map, to get a visual image, the type of image must be specified in the URL to the server with e.g. FORMAT=image/jpeg
For the osm.qgs example map from the documentation, I must specify LAYERS=OSM for any data to be returned.
For the world.qgs project, only the FORMAT=image/jpeg was required to make it work as the LAYERS=countries is already part of the suggested URL and thus tested by me initially.

Example of a valid URL for the osm.qgs project:
http://localhost:8080/qgis-server/?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&SRS=EPSG:4326&REQUEST=GetMap&MAP=/projects/osm.qgs&BBOX=-90,-180,90,180&WIDTH=1000&HEIGHT=1000&LAYERS=OSM&FORMAT=image/png

Hope someone is helped by this.
/Mats