[Qgis-user] QGIS for safe organization use.

SIMON.COTE2 at ecn.forces.gc.ca SIMON.COTE2 at ecn.forces.gc.ca
Tue May 23 09:09:48 PDT 2023

Hello,

I work at the Department of National Defense for the Canadian government and had some questions regarding QGIS.

Firstly, I'm working on a project to determine the seismic risk and vulnerability of all the department's buildings different Canadian Provinces. An important part of the project will be to create a geodatabase containing crucial information about each building. After, I plan to create a layer that will show the location of these buildings on a map.

Now, a large portion of the information regarding the buildings and their locations is confidential, and so I'm wondering if the geodatabase and layer that I plan to create will be safe and protected, or if other users will have access to them since QGIS is free and open source?

At first, I was planning to work with ArcGIS Pro but I'm currently waiting for a license. When or if it comes through, I'll stick with ArcGIS but for now QGIS seems to be the best alternative.

If QGIS is not safe, are there other safe and similar softwares you can recommend?

Thanks,

Simon