[Qgis-user] Opening the Data Source Manager crashes QGIS

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Nov 9 03:00:20 PST 2023

Hi Rob,

IF it is indeed a google earth plugin, which is causing the crash, reinstalling will not help because plugins are installed in your (QGIS)-profile, not in your installation.

Is it constantly crashing?

So either remove the plugin (via the plugin manager), or go into your profile (Settings/User Profiles) and remove the plugin by hand.
A last option is to create a fresh profile, which will give you a profile without any plugin.
See https://docs.qgis.org/3.28/en/docs/user_manual/introduction/qgis_configuration.html#working-with-user-profiles

Hope This Helps :-)

Richard Duivenvoorde