[Qgis-user] QGIS - field calculator calculations not in attribute table

Emma Hain emma at north-road.com
Wed Nov 15 14:00:58 PST 2023

Hi Tony
Some thoughts to start with:
Does the student:
- have the correct write access to the data?
-  is the field in the correct format?
- is the field hidden or a virtual/temporary field?

Cheers
Em

On Thu, 16 Nov 2023 at 02:51, Diaz, Tony A. via QGIS-User <
qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hello, a student of ours is trying to use the field calculator to
> calculate the closest point on an arbitrary line for each point in an
> object and append the column to the attribute table.  The calculation
> itself was successful as well as the mapping the result, but the
> calculations themselves are not on the attribute table.  Any ideas we can
> pass along to them?
>

> Tony Diaz
>
> Caltech
>
> Pasadena, CA

Emma Hain — Product Manager/Senior GIS Analyst
emma at north-road.com / 0414 512 782
[image: https://north-road.com]
*North Road*
Cartography • Development • Spatial Analysis
*north-road.com* <http://north-road.com>
<https://twitter.com/northroadgeo>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/north-road-studios>
<https://www.facebook.com/North-Road-997236690392419/home>