[Qgis-user] Get the translation of a core string in Python

Michel Stuyts michel.stuyts at edegem.be
Tue Oct 3 04:04:26 PDT 2023

I am looking for a way in Python to get the translation of a string that is translated in QGIS core.  I know how to create and use my own translation files in a QGIS plugin.  But now I want to use a string that is already translated in QGIS core.

In for example the file "qgis_nl.ts" I found the translated value for "Loading Plugins":

    <message>
        <location filename="../src/app/qgspluginregistry.cpp" line="410"/>
        <source>Loading Plugins</source>
        <translation>Plug-ins laden</translation>
    </message>

But I want to use that translation in a Python plugin.  Does anybody know what the way is to get the translation of a core string using Python?

Michel Stuyts