[Qgis-user] Data Privacy

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 04:35:58 PDT 2023

Hi,

no information about your data will be shared with anyone.

Here is the list of network calls that QGIS can make:
https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/user_manual/appendices/qgis_desktop_network_connections.html

As far as  I know all of them can be disabled by configuration settings.

Kind regards.

On Thu, Oct 12, 2023 at 12:58 PM Toby Clemett via QGIS-User
<qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Good Afternoon,
>
> I have a question regarding Data Privacy:
>
> If a company or organisation decided to open locally stored sensitive location data within Vanilla QGIS, would the information stay on the user's hard drive and not be shared with QGIS or anyone else externally?
>
> Please could you also provide details on QGIS's terms and conditions regarding data protection?
>
> Thanks,
>
> TC

Alessandro Pasotti
QCooperative:  www.qcooperative.net