[Qgis-user] Convert PNG file to vector file

Johannes Kröger (WhereGroup) johannes.kroeger at wheregroup.com
Wed Oct 25 05:00:26 PDT 2023

No, that would be a very hard computer vision problem because of the
styles and overlays. You will be faster and more accurate if you
recreate an approximation of the hexagonal grid and then retrace all
polygons manually using those cells.

Am 25.10.23 um 13:37 schrieb krishna Ayyala via QGIS-User:
> I am reposting this question.Can anyone please help?
>
> Hello,
> I have a png file. This has polygons with 36 categories as shown in
> the legend. Is it possible to convert this file to a vector file such
> as .shp or gpkg file? When I open the attribute table, it should be
> able to distinguish between each of these 36 categories. Below is the
> weblink to png. Can anyone help me with this please?
>
> Regards.
>
> ListofProjects.png (2200×1700) (oklahoma.gov)
> <https://oklahoma.gov/content/dam/ok/en/broadband/documents/grant-programs/arpa-slfrf-ii/ListofProjects.png>

Johannes Kröger / GIS-Entwickler/-Berater

Aufwind durch Wissen!
Web-Seminare und Online-Schulungen
bei derwww.foss-academy.com

WhereGroup GmbH