[Qgis-user] Using transformations in SVG Parameters

Jacob Huffman jflgators6042 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 10:48:05 PDT 2023

I made some custom SVG symbols for a project I’m working on and I’ve had
success using parameters to control fill, stroke, and stroke-width.
However, I have text in the symbols that I would like to rotate to face
straight up no matter what angle the whole symbol is facing.

So far the text object I’ve been working with has a matrix transformation
applied to it.transformation=“matrix(a,b,c,d,e,f)”

I tried applying a second transformation just for the rotation with no luck.

transformation=“matrix(a,b,c,d,e,f)”
transformation=“rotate(param(textangle))”

I then tried adding a rotation to the existing transformation

transformation=“matrix(a,b,c,d,e,f) rotate(param(textangle))”

After this I tried just using the rotate tag, which is supposed to rotate
each character in the text independently

transformation=“matrix(a,b,c,d,e,f)” rotate=“param(textangle)”

I haven’t had a ton of time to play with it beyond that but I’m wondering
is this just a limitation in the way that QGIS renders the SVG?