[Qgis-user] Readonly geometries

Francesco Pelullo f.pelullo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 09:45:09 PDT 2023

Il lun 23 ott 2023, 20:58 Simon Gröchenig via QGIS-User <
qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org> ha scritto:

> is it possible to set geometries to readonly while attributes are editable?

QGIS has not this feature and, in my opinion, this is a marginal problem.

If you need to block geometry editing, and you want to allow only attribute
editing, then you are most likely thinking about working in a group with
other people. QGIS has so many problems with simultaneous editing of data
(both geometries and attribute tables), that your request to block only
this or only that doesn't matter, because it won't work anyway.

Conversely, if I have misunderstood and you want to work alone with a
"lock" on geometries, then the solution of your request maybe exists, maybe
not, but it doesn't matter anyway because it would be so cumbersome that
you would do well to avoid it. You'd sooner learn what buttons not to
press, or edit only from the attributes table, and the geometries will be
safe.

The solution you're looking for is a relational database with various
levels of privileges on the schema, but that's PostGIS, you don't have to
try shortcuts through QGIS.

My two cents.

Hi
Francesco