[Qgis-user] Error message

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Sep 8 01:12:14 PDT 2023

Hi Fred,

This probably means that you opted somewhere in QGIS to save your database in the Authentication manager (secured with a password)[1].
Maybe accidently, but QGIS created a master password (sqlite) database for that.

Either try to remember the password you used, OR go into your QGIS profile directory [0] and move the qgis-auth.db file (which is the actual sqlite db) to another place. If not there search for it  in your QGIS install dir?

Else try to move our QGIS profiles folder (unless you use a lot of profiles and have a lot of configuration in them) [0]

Hope this helps

Richard Duivenvoorde

[0] https://docs.qgis.org/3.28/en/docs/user_manual/introduction/qgis_configuration.html#working-with-user-profiles
[1] https://docs.qgis.org/3.28/en/docs/user_manual/auth_system/auth_overview.html#authentication-database