[Qgis-user] Installing QGIS on Linux Mint 21.2.1

Bill Symington bill.symington at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 20 11:14:41 PDT 2023

Hello -

I recently set up my computer Windows 10 computer as a dual boot machine
with Windows 10 and Linux MInt 21.2. I have had QGIS on the Windows side
for some time and wanted install it on the Linux side also. I was
successful at installing QGIS, but I've gotten a different version than
I have under Windows.

Under Windows 10 I have QGIS 3.28.8-Firenze. Under Linux I have QGIS
3.22.4-Biatowieza. I'd prefer to have the same version under both OS's.
I have tried reinstalling QGIS on the Linux side (to bring it up to date
with the Windows sode) following the instructions on the QGIS Web site.
I get the following error message.

bill 35 ->sudo apt update
Hit:1 https://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb stable InRelease
Ign:2 http://packages.linuxmint.com victoria InRelease
Hit:3 http://packages.linuxmint.com victoria Release
Hit:4 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jammy InRelease
Hit:6 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jammy-updates InRelease
Hit:8 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jammy-backports InRelease
Hit:9 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jammy-security InRelease
Ign:7 https://debian.qgis.org/debian victoria InRelease
Err:10 https://debian.qgis.org/debian victoria Release
   404  Not Found [IP: 2606:4700:3035::ac43:8f17 443]
Reading package lists... Done
E: The repository 'https://qgis.org/debian victoria Release' does not
have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is
therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user
configuration details.
bill 36 ->
bill 36 ->

I'm not sure how to proceed.