[Qgis-user] Installing QGIS on Linux Mint 21.2.1

Andrea Giudiceandrea andreaerdna at libero.it
Wed Sep 20 13:23:27 PDT 2023

> [Qgis-user] Installing QGIS on Linux Mint 21.2.1
> Bill Symington bill.symington at sbcglobal.net
> Wed Sep 20 11:14:41 PDT 2023

> I recently set up my computer Windows 10 computer as a dual boot machine
with Windows 10 and Linux MInt 21.2

> Under Windows 10 I have QGIS 3.28.8-Firenze. Under Linux I have QGIS
> 3.22.4-Biatowieza.

Hi Bill,
it looks like you have installed QGIS from the Ubuntu repository (which
offers QGIS 3.22.4) instead of the qgis.org repositories (which
currently offer QGIS 3.28.11 LTR and QGIS 3.32.3).

If you want to install QGIS 3.28 LTR on you GNU/Linux Ubuntu/Debian
based distribution, you need to correctly uninstall QGIS 3.22 and to
follow the detailed instructions available at
https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/alldownloads.html#debian-ubuntu and
pay attention to use the repository URI https://qgis.org/debian-ltr and
to use the correct Ubuntu distribution codename (which should be
"jammy"): a note in the detailed instructions explains how.

Best regards.

Andrea Giudiceandrea