[Qgis-user] Config qgis desktop on Linux to DISPLAY Oracle connections

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Sep 22 00:56:28 PDT 2023

Hi Fredy,

The oracle oci library needed to connect to Oracle is not free, so not available in any Linux distro.
That is the reason that QGIS on Linux is never linked to these libraries, and that is why you do not see the Oracle connection in your Data Source Manager.

If you really want this to work on Linux, you have to:
- download the oci/client libraries yourself from Oracle
- build QGIS yourself with instructions where the Oracle libs are etc

Not done this recently, but here is an old blogpost to get the idea:
https://zuidt.nl/blog/html/2015/10/12/build_qgis_master_with_oracle_provider_yourself_on_centos7.html

Depends on your needs and if you are tech savvy enough, if you want to go through this hassle.

Which Linux Distro are you on?
I think it is easiest on Debian or Fedora and related distro's

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde